4 Drops A Day May Keep The Inches Away | Young Living Citrus Oils for Weight Loss
I have to share a quick story with you today because, well, I can’t stop talking about it. Look, today we’re going to talk about something that’s not exactly dinner conversation. You might be embarrassed to talk about it. You might even feel like crying about it (whoo, boy, I’ve been there). I’m talking a little thing called “junk in the trunk.” Don’t worry, my story ends with less of it. Yea, that’s right, I said it. LESS.
One thing that had my interest piqued about essential oils was the fact that my friend, Monique had been using them to literally lose part of herself. She told me at one point that just by taking a few oils throughout the day, she was able to significantly cut down on her mid-section bloat (SOLD), plus she was able to actually lose weight (DING DING DING). “Too good to be true,” I said to myself. What did I say to her, you might be asking? “Where can I get me some of this magic.” Here’s the thing, I have 3 little kids (4-year-old twins and a 2-year-old). Is it an excuse for carrying around a few extra ELL BEE’s?
YOU BET YOUR…no, i guess it isn’t. I should work out more but let’s be honest here, mom’s with little ones, if we’re gonna have 15 minutes without a tiny human hanging on us, we want to lay face down in bed and not run in circles in the neighborhood, right? Also, the amount of time I don’t have for meal prep and cutting fresh vegetables is astonishing. Finally, 3 children lived in my mid-section for MONTHS. That just ain’t right! KIDDING…kinda. To say my parts aren’t in the right place right now would be putting it mildly. Let’s just call a spade a spade here, taking care of myself is not high on the priority list right now. There is something that I can do and that’s take baby steps toward a more healthy lifestyle. So my first baby step was to try to help rid my body of toxins and lose some weight.
Well, folks, I followed Monique’s weight-loss & bloat-less regimen and I am BLOWN AWAY by the results. So let’s talk about what it consisted of, shall we?
First: You get yourself a bottle of Lemon Essential Oil.
Second: You get yourself a bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil.
Third: You get yourself a bunch of tiny pill capsules.
Fourth: You get yourself a nice batch of carrier oil (I use grapeseed oil but you can use Castor Oil for all I care…kidding…please don’t use Castor Oil, use cooking oil. Seriously, use a high-quality, pure, organic cooking oil)
Fifth: High-five yourself, because that’s it, folks.
I take 4 drops of Lemon and 4 drops of Peppermint oil and I drop them into my empty capsule. I then fill the rest of the cap up with my carrier oil. Snap on the top. Give ‘er a shake. Take it down with water.
If I was you, I’d start with 1 drop of each essential oil and move up as long as your stomach can handle it. The lemon is going to break up the toxins in your body and in your fat cells (gag). That peppermint is going to seriously regulate your digestion (so watch out if you have a sensitive stomach). It’s an amazing combo. So how much have I lost? Well I have been doing it for a 2 months and I’m down 10 pounds. It’s no Biggest Loser transformation…yet, but I feel less hungry and I’m visibly smaller. In addition, I’m healthier because my body is carrying around less of the toxins I usually just store up for no good reason. True story. I think you should try it! There’s an extra special feeling that comes along with being able to smile in the mirror.
Give a little click RIGHT HERE and let your favorite Lemon Dropper know you’re ready to slim up with citrus! She’ll hook you up. Promise.
Not convinced yet? Take a look at some of the other things Lemon and Peppermint oil can do:
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Place a few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator to help eliminate odors.
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
- Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
- Place 2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Apply peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to jump-start your morning routine.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
Let’s do this ‘thang,’ people. Let’s get skinny. You better keep me updated on your progress!